it was a great day on the road! 5 of the 7 pictured completed a full century. this makes 9 centuries for me this summer. my goal is 10 hence we have one last century ride scheduled in 3 weeks.
i ate like a pregnant sow on the ride consisting of hot tamales, strawberry fig newtons, brats, dip, chips, pork, and soda. i was a cravin soda like crazy today which is odd for me as i'm usually a h20 freakker. of course the scale whore that i am, i had to immediately get naked when i got home and weigh myself. results: ahaha [no blurtin numbers here] but thank goodness the day wasn't as bad as i thought, afterall i did bike 100 miles, that's a ticket to eat something more than birdfood, right?!
race report of things we conquered today:
- eating too much
- 50 mile point: "i'm done!"
- putting up with don brag about his 3000+0000000 miles
- dee flashing all the oncoming cars with her new bling bling
- listening (or not) to a dead ipod
- coming to grips with the fact the ceresco h20 tower really doesn't move
- a hill
- burping brats
- another hill
- and yet another hill
- falling twice
- getting ready to sprint past the river people
- some wind
- sore a$$e$
- raw knee pads
- and again another hill
- burping garlic all the way home