Sunday, January 25, 2009

There's No Place Like Jackson!

Finally! I got a power cord and wireless card for my old DELL Inspiron 8200 laptop. WOOT! Kudos go out to McRib for making this happen. On my laptop I found pictures of my trip to Jackson, WY which I took the summer of 2006 . I did a lot of hiking and hiked at minimum 7-8 miles up {one way} into the mountain, via a trailhead. I'd have to find my journal to name them all. The only real populated one I hiked was past Jenny Lake and that was only populous for the first 5 miles because it's a tourist attraction. I hiked probably 5-6 miles beyond the popular turnaround point and the views were spectacular. I saw bear, moose {I'll have to share sometime my encounter with the moose}, and only a few, if any, peeps. If you haven't been there, you need to go. I took my boys this last summer and they loved it. I didn't take them hiking because we were on a short time frame, but I did take John white water rafting.

These are just a few of many pics. When I get through them all I may post more from time to time. Jackson, WY is my all-time favorite place in the world. If you are ever interested in going out to hike and rough it, drop me a line. I'd love to meet an adventurous group to explore more of the area. Of course, we'd have to go white water rafting at least once.

Today's workout: 5k race, 3 hour spin. The race will more than likely be indoors on the treadmill. :( We are soon to be in a winter advisory. I was scheduled to do the Chiller Challenge in the big Omaha today, but things just didn't workout so I'm trading out that race for another one in a couple weeks. RUN ON!

14 comments:

Danielle in Iowa said...

I have a completely irrational fear of being eaten by wild animals, so I pretty much would have run screaming from the woods if I got that close to a bear. Good thing I live in Iowa where nothing can eat me!

Missy said...

Jenny Lake Lodge has been a summer vacation spot for me since I was 12. The highest I've been is Schoolroom Glacier (~12,500, I think). Even after ~25 years, it NEVER gets old. I saw that picture and my heart jumped!

Running Through Time said...

I love the pictures, they are beautiful and serene! It makes me want to go to WY. Thank you for sharing!

Melissa

Denise said...

Beautiful pics!!

greentigress said...

What a great rainbow!

Those pics are fab! What a great thing to have your computer back!

Marlene said...

that place looks breathtakingly beautiful.

I hope you had/have a good race.

Michelle said...

I will go hiking with you Nikemom!!!!

When????

Great photos!!!

Sarah said...

I love the rainbow photo! Amazing!

d.a.r. said...

Amazing pictures!!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Looks like a lovely place to visit. :-)

Trishie said...

wow, what beautiful photos. so exciting to find them on your computer!

MJ said...

Beautiful photos!

joyRuN said...

Wow, that's gorgeous!

Chad in the AZ Desert said...

Absolutely beautiful!