Monday, September 8, 2008

100 mile + 100 Push Up Challenge

Current events state I have run 26.8 miles for the September to Remember 100 mile challenge hosted by JKrunning. With 22 days and 73.2 miles to go, I need to lace up my Mizuno's and pump up the volume. I pulled out my trusty and handy Razr V3 to bust out the keys on the calculator and totaled up only 3.327 miles a day for the rest of the month. Piece of cake and chocolate cake toboot.

My training schedule currently has me running a total of 94.3 for the month. I'm feeling pretty good about that unless my nubs hit the wrong fingers on the keypad. yikes! AND if I'm on...that's a double chocolate mocha latte as well. :)

My 8 yr old son, Jacob, and I started the the 100 push up challenge. I pushed out a magnanimous amount of 10 and Jacob made me look extra wimpy by doing 20. Strong fart! :) We're off and I'll keep you posted on our progress.

IF you are into healthy eating and like banana bread, I suggest trying this recipe. I made them for dh and I, as no child within a million miles would ever like a muffin made out of honey, whole wheat flour, applesauce wheat germ and flax seed. OK, so my kiddos proved me wrong. That is how good they taste. Here is the link: Whole Wheat Honey Banana Muffins. I modified the recipe by using homemade applesauce instead of oil, added 1/3 cup flax seed, 2 tsps vanilla, 1 tsp banana flavoring and about 1.5 tsps of cinnamon. You can cut the recipe in half as it makes lots. Try it and let me know what you think.

Get ready now for thank goodness it's friday pic day. Every Friday until the end [whenever that may be] is designated [T.G.I.F. pic day]. if you'd like to participate/share, comment and I will link to your T.G.I.F. pic. Oh Happy Friday is on it's way!

Here's Day 11 tee laying on top of my sweaty cross country clothes. Guess what I've got on?? That's right! A bikini and a glass of wine ready to unwind in the hot tub. :) {OK, so I ditched that idea and put on other sweats and a tee. Kiddos needed picked up from practice.}

1 comment:

Marcy said...

I am so behind on the push up challenge *sigh* I'm game for Jkrunning's challenge though. I think I can pull through LOL

And you know I'm all about TGIF pics! hehe