Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Signing Up!

"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things."

"I dare say you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age I always did it for an hour a day. Why, sometimes, I've believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast."


~ Lewis Carroll,
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Shhh. Be quiet. The spirit is growing and I can't deny it. LOL Yes! I'm signing up for Ironman 70.3 Kansas. WOOT! WOOT! Thanks for all the supportive comments.

Last night I decided I would do a trail run around our property instead of a road run because the weather was about 50 degrees awesome. The path is approximately 1.5 miles and I wanted to run approximately 5 miles.

As I was headed out, my little man Jacob just got off the school bus...
So I ran down our driveway and hit the trail I mowed around the property this summer. My intention was to practice some cross, but never got it done. OOPS! :)Here is Harley, my country road running partner. Harley is a one year old black lab, all pup and usually right under my feet. He loves it when I take him on a run. The farthest I've taken him is 6.5 miles.
Part of the trail goes around our two ponds... great fishing holes for my kiddos and if you look close enough there is a goose nest on the island. We have geese that fly in over the winter and nest. Harley is also a swimming freakazoid and is constantly in and out of the pond.
Here is a picture of the backside of our property. I love the lay of our land as it is very peaceful and offers a lot of area for exploration on a walk or a trail run. :)
That little black line (if you look close enough) is the neighborhood kiddo running down to play Wii with my little man. They are in a bowling phase now.Of course, here's Harley, under my feet, shaking off the H20 from his dip in the pond on our last lap around the trail. Total mileage 4.33 miles (3 laps).
After my run, your gonna love this...I ate three pieces of cheesecake. YIKES! Cheesecake factory chocolate cheesecake. Major Yummie!!!! ahahahaha

Have a great day Peeps. Today is sprints and a 60 min bike ride. Run on!

18 comments:

MJ said...

Wow! That is beautiful land. Great for training too... way to get out there. Cheers,

J said...

Those pictures are awesome, the land is so beautiful and spacious! It is so good that you get to enjoy it and be out on it!

Sarah said...

I am in love with your running route! Lucky

Oz Runner said...

3 pieces of cheesecake? nice...you can work that off with your sprints and bike ride..

lauren said...

so lucky to have that beautiful land! really enjoyed seeing the pics!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful piece of property you have. That is a runners dream to have such a place literally as your backyard to run in. Awesome!

Chic Runner said...

Love love LOVE the pictures! How amazing to see where other people are running! Your son is so cute and so is your dog. :) and congrats on signing up for the Ironman, you will kick butt.

Adam said...

Looks like a great place to run:

Pat said...

congrats on signing up for the 70.3. That is a beautiful place to run and live. I felt like this post was a prelude to the VRAA.

Unknown said...

What great land! I would love to have that to be able to run whenever I wanted to.

Running Through Time said...

Your pictures of your property are gorgeous! What a wonderful and peaceful place to run!

Michelle said...

Wow what an awesome place to be able to run!! It looks breath taking in the photos so IRL it must be mind blowing!!! Sometimes, i get bored running the exact same path day after day! I am thinking to map out some routes for more interesting runs!

Perhaps!! If not, i will stick with my boardwalk and awesome view of the ocean!!

Thanks for a great post!!!

Michelle said...

Also,
Gotta say the 70.3 is very impressive!! I am envious of those who can do that sort of thing!!! Good luck girlie!!!

Marci said...

Great pictures, looks like a nice place to run, and much warmer than where I am right now! Congratulations on signing up for your ironman.

Marcy said...

You did it?!? YES!!! ;D ;D

joyRuN said...

Beautiful photo tour!

Oh, & re: the 70.3 - YEAY!!

Julianne said...

Gorgeous photos!

OH AND WOW on the Iron Man sign up!! Way to go!!!

Marlene said...

I wish I had a route like that to run right off my doorstep!