Sunday, January 25, 2009

There's No Place Like Jackson!

Finally! I got a power cord and wireless card for my old DELL Inspiron 8200 laptop. WOOT! Kudos go out to McRib for making this happen. On my laptop I found pictures of my trip to Jackson, WY which I took the summer of 2006 . I did a lot of hiking and hiked at minimum 7-8 miles up {one way} into the mountain, via a trailhead. I'd have to find my journal to name them all. The only real populated one I hiked was past Jenny Lake and that was only populous for the first 5 miles because it's a tourist attraction. I hiked probably 5-6 miles beyond the popular turnaround point and the views were spectacular. I saw bear, moose {I'll have to share sometime my encounter with the moose}, and only a few, if any, peeps. If you haven't been there, you need to go. I took my boys this last summer and they loved it. I didn't take them hiking because we were on a short time frame, but I did take John white water rafting.

These are just a few of many pics. When I get through them all I may post more from time to time. Jackson, WY is my all-time favorite place in the world. If you are ever interested in going out to hike and rough it, drop me a line. I'd love to meet an adventurous group to explore more of the area. Of course, we'd have to go white water rafting at least once.

Today's workout: 5k race, 3 hour spin. The race will more than likely be indoors on the treadmill. :( We are soon to be in a winter advisory. I was scheduled to do the Chiller Challenge in the big Omaha today, but things just didn't workout so I'm trading out that race for another one in a couple weeks. RUN ON!

14 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I have a completely irrational fear of being eaten by wild animals, so I pretty much would have run screaming from the woods if I got that close to a bear. Good thing I live in Iowa where nothing can eat me!

Missy said...

Jenny Lake Lodge has been a summer vacation spot for me since I was 12. The highest I've been is Schoolroom Glacier (~12,500, I think). Even after ~25 years, it NEVER gets old. I saw that picture and my heart jumped!

Running Through Time said...

I love the pictures, they are beautiful and serene! It makes me want to go to WY. Thank you for sharing!

Melissa

Denise said...

Beautiful pics!!

greentigress said...

What a great rainbow!

Those pics are fab! What a great thing to have your computer back!

Marlene said...

that place looks breathtakingly beautiful.

I hope you had/have a good race.

Michelle said...

I will go hiking with you Nikemom!!!!

When????

Great photos!!!

Sarah said...

I love the rainbow photo! Amazing!

d.a.r. said...

Amazing pictures!!

Unknown said...

Looks like a lovely place to visit. :-)

Trishie said...

wow, what beautiful photos. so exciting to find them on your computer!

MJ said...

Beautiful photos!

joyRuN said...

Wow, that's gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful!