Saturday, January 31, 2009

Thunder Thighs

I have THUNDER THIGHS and that's a compliment because they are strong and toned and muscular and though they are unwelcome in the petite section, they are cheered on in marathons. Fifty years from now I'll bounce a grandchild on my thunder thigh and then I'll out for a run. Just Do It!

~ Nike Ad

I don't really have thunder thighs, but I love quotes and love the "in your face message" this one conveys. :D My boys' wrestling club is hosting their home tournmanet today. So I'm off after spin class to volunteer and watch my kiddos wrestle. Have a great weekend!

Today's workout: 60 min spin, run 3 miles. RUN ON!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice quote. I'd be happy with strong thighs. :-)

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I always wish I had cut out that ad when it was in magazines!

billdowis said...

I love running ads.... Nike, New Balance, and Pearl Izumi are some of the best I have seen.

I also like thunder thighs... the good kind mentioned in the ad. ;)

Trishie said...

I DO have thunder thighs... so much so that I have to buy a size up in pants so they fit around my legs... and then get them nipped in at the waist/ hips! great ad!

Trishie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I read that ad awhile back. It is quite the statement. :) Have a great weekend!

Kim said...

Good Luck Boys!

Brianna said...

Great quote. It made me smile! It also gives me a newfound appreciation for my thunder thighs. :)

Sarah said...

Those were my favorite Nike adds. We have such good advertising!

Gerard W said...

This was lovely to rread